Create boats and judge them on style, stability, speed and distance as you race them on a body of water!
Paper and Pens
Score Card (ratings are 1 to 4, with 1 being the lowest and 4 the highest): Categories are Style, Stability, Speed and Distance
1. No sabotaging an opponent's boat
2. No copying other's boats in the creative process
3. If you have a sail on your boat, you are allowed to blow on your boat if there is no wind
4. 1 push is allowed at the start to get your boat moving
5. Have FUN and be a good sport!
Find your supplies
Create your boat and give it a name!
Create your Score Card: The 4 categories are Style, Stability, Speed and Distance. The ratings are 1 to 4 with 1 being the lowest score and 4 being the highest. Allow sections for comments from the judge in each category.
Find a body of water to race in. Examples: large puddle, kiddie pool, fountain, creek, lake
Find a judge and give them the Score Card
Place boats in water and begin the race which will last 1 minute or the time/distance decided upon by the judge. 1 push is allowed at the start. Blowing on the boat is allowed throughout the race.
During the race the judge will take score and make comments on the 4 categories per boat
The judge will tally up the total of the 4 scores per boat. The Captain with the highest score WINS!